Scientific and Technical Subcommittee: 2024
Sixty-first session (29 January−9 February 2024)
WEBCAST (STSC Plenary)
List of Technical Presentations
Digital Recordings of STSC 2024
Indicative schedule of work (Advanced edited version)
Provisional agenda [
pdf]. Edited annotated provisional agenda will be available on 3 January 2024.
Schedule of informal meetings of STSC Working Groups
Schedule of other meetings
Side event information
VIRTUAL BRIEFING TO THE PERMANENT MISSIONS ON THE PREPARATION FOR THE UPCOMING SESSION
- Adoption of the agenda.
- Election of the Chair.
- Statement by the Chair.
- General exchange of views and introduction of reports submitted on national activities.
- Space for sustainable development: technology and its applications, including the United Nations Programme on Space Applications.
- Space debris.
- Space-system-based disaster management support.
- Recent developments in global navigation satellite systems.
- Space weather.
- Near-Earth objects.
- Long-term sustainability of outer space activities.
- Future role and method of work of the Committee.
- Space and global health.
- Use of nuclear power sources in outer space.
- Examination of the physical nature and technical attributes of the geostationary orbit and its utilization and applications, including in the field of space communications, as well as other questions relating to developments in space communications, taking particular account of the needs and interests of developing countries, without prejudice to the role of the International Telecommunication Union. (Single issue/item for discussion)
- Draft provisional agenda for the sixty-second session of the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee.
- Report to the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.